National Specialty 2014 – St-Louis, Quebec
Alika Tia Three Stooges Curly
Sire: Multi BIS, Multi CH, Sandees Tumbleweed Griffin, CGN
Dam: Multi CH Tumbleweed Athena de Polana
Breeder: Linda Brookes
Owner / Handler: Linda Brookes, Alika Tia Cotons
Coton de Tulear, National Speciality – St-Louis – Quebec – Association canine du coeur du Québec - September 6, 2014
During the show organized by the Association canine du coeur du Québec, September 6 – 7, 2014, the CCTC held its annual specialty. The show was held under the auspices of the CFC.
The weather was not on our side. It was very humid and poured rain on and off all morning.
As show time was nearing, the rain continued and we were afraid we would be showing “drowned rats” instead of fluffy Cotons.
The Club was very understanding and accommodating to our worries. They reconfigured the show ring for us so that we could stack and gait our dogs under the big tent avoiding the puddles and rainfall.
8 Cotons were registered and Saturday afternoon they were all ready to go in the ring with their owners/handlers. There were 1 male and 7 females:
- 3 in the puppy class
- 4 in the junior class
- 1 in the open class
It was Mrs. Joyce Lea-Hanson who had the pleasure to judge our Cotons.
Here are the results:
- Best Puppy : Cotonfield Jouvence– Breeder: Diane Benaroch - Owner and handler: Marie-France Prayal
- Best Junior Male: Alika Tia Three Stooges Curly – Breeder, owner and handler: Linda Brookes
- Best Junior Female: Suave Asha du Domaine de Polana – Breeder: Marie-France Prayal, Owner and handler: Linda Stevens
- Winner Female: Riverport’s Good Vibrations – Breeder, owner, and handler: Corinna Yannoulopoulos
- Best Puppy in Specialty: Cotonfield Jouvence
- Best Junior in Specialty: Alika Tia Three Stooges Curly
- Best of Breed and Speciality: Alika Tia Three Stooges Curly
For the specialty, we received very nice donations. We would like to thank for their donations:
- Linda Brookes
- Maggie Stagg
- Paula Campbell
- Diane Benaroch
- Sonja Femia
- Corinna Yannoulopoulos
- Marie-France Prayal
- Andree Louise Beaulieu
After the completion of the show, we gathered for some camaraderie, food, and drink. This led up to our CCTC Annual General Meeting which had several attending in person as well as some joining in from across the country by teleconference.
All the participants enjoyed being together. It was a great Specialty and also a great weekend!